Ordnance Factory is going to hold the written examination for the Group C posts of Semiskilled Industrial Employees and the Labour. Here we are providing the OFB Exam Syllabus for the preparations of the examination properly.
Download OFB Syllabus Here. Ordnance Factory Group C exam syllabus, paper pattern n examination scheme for Semiskilled industrial employees, Labour exam. Check Paper pattern below.
- There will be a written examination of one paper. The paper will be of “Objective-Multiple-choice-type” of maximum 100 marks.
- The paper will consist of two parts: a. PART -A will consist of 20 marks having questions on General Science and Quantitative Aptitude, each having weightage of 10 marks. The question will be of up to 10th Standard. b) PART – B will consist of 80 marks of NCVT syllabus for the relevant trade.
- All the Questions will be compulsory. There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
The subject of the written examination, the maximum marks allotted to each paper, no of questions and the time allowed is given in the table below:-
|Subject||no of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Questions from the NCVT Syllabus of relevant trade
|80 Questions||80 Marks|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
Time allowed for the examination will be 2 hrs while Total Duration/ Timing for candidates utilizing the facilities of a scribe will be 2 2 Hours 40 minutes.
- The paper would be required to be answered in OMR sheets.
- Candidates would be required to darken the circles in the OMR sheet with black pen. OMR sheets marked in pencil would be rejected outright.
- No marks would be allotted for questions in which multiple darkening has been done in the OMR Sheet.
A. General Science (10 Questions)
The question will be aimed at testing the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him. The question will also be designed to test knowledge of basic science studied up to 10th standard and would include such matters of everyday observations and experience as may be expected of any educated person.
B. Quantitative Aptitude (10 Questions)
The candidate will be tested for general mathematics of up to 10th Standard involving number systems, equations in two variables, simple and compound interest, perimeter, area and volume of geometrical figures, Direct and inverse proportions, Pythagoras theorem and trigonometry.
C. NCVT Trade (80 Questions): Questions from the NCVT Syllabus of relevant trade.
D. Trade Test: The syllabus for trade test (Practical) will be as per trade test specification of the semi-skilled grade of the relevant trade, trade test will be merely qualifying nature. It will not decide the merit of the selected candidates. The merit will be decided solely based on the results of written examination.
E. There shall be no interview for filling up of these vacancies.
SCHEME (XTH STANDARD LEVEL)
SYLLABUS FOR WRITTEN TEST
1. Numerical Aptitude
2. Number Systems
3. Fractions, Decimals, and Percentage
4. Ratio and proportion
6. Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount
7. Time & Distance, Time & Work
The questions on science may be set keeping in view the standard appropriate to High School. Questions may include subjects and activities which are more relevant to day-to-day existence/activities of human life.
1. Current events-National & International
2. History & Culture
3. General polity and Indian Constitution
4. General Geography
The question paper for the written examination shall be set in Hindi, English and the local language.
As per trade test specifications, an unskilled workman will be mainly engaged on handling/shifting of material. He will also be required to clean machines, floors of shop/areas around machines and other similar places, if and as necessary. The trade test may be designed accordingly to test the aptitude of the candidate. However, this test will be of qualifying nature only.
- Final grading will be decided based only on marks obtained in written test subject to qualifying in the prescribed trade test.
- There shall be no interview for filling up of these vacancies.
|Subject||Max Marks||No of Questions|
|Numerical Aptitude (Objective Type)||40||40|
|General Science (Objective Type)||30||30|
|General Awareness (Objective Type)||30||30|